Golden Stars Play Therapy is based in Stockport, Manchester and operates within the North West region.
I completed my training with the Academy of Play And Child Psychotherapy to become a qualified Play Therapist in March 2015. I qualified as a Practitioner of Therapeutic Play Skills in September 2013.
I have worked in the childcare industry for 15 years, as a nursery nurse, assistant teacher, teacher and a trainee play therapist. My work experience has involved working with children from birth to 11 years. I am a member of PTUK (Play Therapy UK) and I work within the ethos and values of the organisation.
Golden Stars Play Therapy adheres to PTUK guidelines to ensure high standards. PTUK is regulated by the Professional Standards Authority, which is a government body which regulates health and social care professions in the UK.
* Play Therapy UK Registered- Registration number: 201010985
* Play Therapy UK Ethical Framework
* Regular Clinical Supervision
* Enhanced CRB
* Professional liability insurance
* Adhering to child protection policies within settings
* Post graduate training in Play Therapy
* Pre and post therapy assessments
* Regular reporting to referrer and parent/carer
* Completing regular CPD
Emma Giles - Founder
Leeds Beckett University (2013 – 2015)
Diploma in Play Therapy
Canterbury Christ Church University (2011 – 2013)
Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills
St. Martin’s College, Ambleside
(2002 – 2005)
BA (Hons) Primary Educational & Professional Studies with QTS – 2:2
North Area College (1998 – 2000)
BTEC National Diploma in childhood studies (Merit)